Terms and Conditions
1. In these conditions the following terms have the following meaning:
Myers Skip Hire: Myers Skip Hire, Barr Street, Huddersfield, HD1 6PB
Container: The Container or Skip supplied by Myers Skip Hire to the Hirer under these conditions.
Hirer: The persons or corporate bodies hiring or loaning Containers from Myers Skip Hire.
Hire Charge: The charge for hiring or loaning Containers.
2. All contracts for the hire or loan of Containers by Myers Skip Hire to the Hirer shall be governed by these conditions.
3. The Hirer shall not burn or ignite or allow to burn or to be ignited any material deposited in the skip.
4. The Hirer shall ensure that the container is loaded within such limits so that no danger is caused or likely to be caused and no offence committed by carriage of the container by Myers Skip Hire or its employees.
5. After the Container has been sited by Myers Skip Hire it shall not be moved by the Hirer except to such site by such methods as shall be agreed with Myers Skip Hire in advance.
6. The Hirer shall be liable to Myers Skip Hire for loss of or all damage to the Container however caused (fair wear and tear accepted) during the period of hire.
7. Where the Container is to be placed other than on the highway, the Hirer shall ensure that it is safely sited and in such a position that damage or danger is not likely to be caused to any person or the property of any persons (including the Container and the vehicles of Myers Skip Hire).
8. Containers will be collected without notice on the day the local council permit/licence period expires, unless the Hirer contacts Myers Skip Hire in advance of the permit expiring. Skips should be placed off the public highway wherever possible in the interests of safety.
9. Whilst all reasonable efforts will be made by Myers Skip Hire to avoid damage to the Hirer or it’s property, Myers Skip Hire shall not accept responsibility for any damage, loss or injury occasioned to the Hirer or any third-party or any property of such persons howsoever caused other than by the negligence or default of Myers Skip Hire, its servant, sub-contractors or employees.
10. The Hirer shall only place the following wastes within the container: excavated material, construction/demolition waste, general skip and household waste, domestic and food waste.
11. The Hirer must not place the following wastes within the container; fridges, freezers, asbestos, batteries, chemicals, gas cylinders, compressed vessels, paint tins, fire extinguishers, medical waste and needles/syringes. Tyres may be disposed of, with prior agreement from a Myers Skip Hire employee.
12. The Hirer shall be solely responsible for and hold Myers Skip Hire fully indemnified against all claims, demand, liabilities, losses, damages, proceedings, costs and expenses suffered or incurred by Myers Skip Hire as a result of any breach or default on the part of the Hirer in the discharge of its obligations under these Conditions.
13. This vehicle may leave the HARD ROAD on your instruction and at the driver’s discretion providing you accept responsibility for damage to any parties property or personnel. The collection is dependent on the skip remaining in the delivered position.
View here for full Myers Group terms and conditions.